I heard back from Dr. Tinkle yesterday. He recommended upping Em’s flexeril to 10 mg at night to see if it helps her sleep. She actually did sleep last night – after sleeping all day yesterday, so I am hopeful that this change will help for at least a while.
He also mentioned that the application for BCMH, the special insurance for disabled kids, is on its way. I assume that means on its way to us to fill out – we should get it yet this week. If Em qualifies for it, it will make a huge difference for us. With Cincinnati Children’s being out of network for us, we could easily wrack up huge medical bills. BCMH should make it possible to get Em the treatments she desperately needs – like the intensive therapy program and diagnostic scans for her neck and spine. Doing a lot of praying at the moment! After waiting for so long, things seem to be falling into place….