Well, tomorrow we head down to Cincinnati Children’s to see Dr. Abonia, mast cell specialist. I am getting progressively more wound up as the hours wind down. I spent the day printing off info – symptoms, triggers, etc to share with him. I am devoutly hoping that I don’t need to provide the requisite articles on MCAS, since he is an alleged expert.
I am actually pretty optimistic because I have heard very good things about him, but I am just not able to fully trust until I see his expertise in person. If tomorrow’s appointment is bad, I will be terribly, terribly disappointed but that is nothing new.
At any rate, I am thinking positively until I have reason to think otherwise, so… I fully expect to come away tomorrow with at least a presumption of MCAS and hopefully additional treatment options. I won’t be surprised if her ‘POTS’ symptoms are labeled MCAS (nor will I be upset) and I won’t be surprised if the possibility of eosinophilic esophagitis is investigated.
We have waited a long, long time for this appointment and I am praying pretty hard that it is worth the wait. Will update sometime tomorrow with (hopefully good) news.